On 10 December 2018, the Advisory Group will present the First Minister with our recommendations for a new human rights framework to improve people’s lives. You can view our final report and advice here.
Our recommendations include:
- An Act of the Scottish Parliament which provides human rights leadership.
- A public participatory process as a vital part of the preparation of the Act and its implementation.
- Capacity-building to enable effective implementation of the Act to improve people’s lives.
- A Scottish Government National Mechanism for Monitoring, Reporting and Implementation of Human Rights.
- Development of human rights indicators for Scotland’s National Performance Framework.
- Process of implementation of recommendations – to be led by a National Task Force.
- Integration of any further devolved powers into the framework as proposed in Recommendation 1 and, if independence, a written constitution including a bill of Rights for Scotland.
For more information or to request the report in alternative formats, click here.